Recent CAAS Accreditations
In April, the CAAS Panel of Commissioners granted new CAAS accreditation to one agency:
- Hamilton Emergency Medical Services (Dalton, GA)
Additionally, the following nine agencies were granted re-accreditation:
- American Medical Response (Independence, MO)
- American Medical Response (Monroe, LA)
- American Medical Response (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
- American Medical Response (Riverside, CA)
- Coastal Health Systems of Brevard (Rockledge, FL)
- Guilford County EMS (Greensboro, NC)
- McCormick Ambulance Service (Compton, CA)
- Pride Care Ambulance (Portage, MI)
- Tri-Community South EMS (Bethel Park, PA)
In June, the CAAS Panel of Commissioners granted new CAAS accreditation to two agencies:
- City of Orlando Fire Department (Orlando, FL)
- Upper Pine River Fire Protection District (Bayfield, CO)
Additionally, the following six agencies were granted re-accreditation:
- Acadian Ambulance Service (Lafayette, LA)
- Alliance Mobile Health (Troy, MI)
- F-M Ambulance Service (Fargo, ND)
- Puckett EMS (Austell, GA)
- Rogers Fire Department (Rogers, AR)
- STAT Emergency Medical Services (Flint, MI)
Congratulations to all our initial and re-accrediting agencies for a job well done!
Prepare for CAAS Accreditation – In-Person Seminar
July 27, 2018
9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort, Phoenix, Arizona
This full-day seminar, held in conjunction with Pinnacle 2018, is the ideal forum to assist you in planning for your accreditation or re-accreditation using the CAAS Gold Standards. It provides a detailed overview of the application process and clearly defines what can be expected throughout. Faculty will address the benefits and value of accreditation and identify ways in which you can increase operational and clinical performance, reduce risk and liability, and maximize your market potential as a result. The CAAS Standards will be explained in detail as well as the paperless submission process. The interactive format provides an opportunity to share ideas and best practices and receive expert answers to important questions. Course books and materials are included in the registration fee.
What You Will Learn
- Plan and budget for accreditation
- Recognize and maximize the value of accreditation for your organization
- Motivate staff for accreditation
- Understand and apply CAAS standards to your organization
- Prepare your application
- Develop application documentation
- Learn how to use the paperless submission process
Who Should Attend
CAAS accreditation is open to all commercial, municipal, fire-based, inter-facility, volunteer, or hospital-based agencies providing ground medical transport. The practical information provided in this course will save countless hours of time, answer questions, and assist managers, QI supervisors, or other designated accreditation coordinators to plan and execute an effective accreditation program within their own agency.
Registration to this seminar entitles you to a copy of the CAAS Standards ($30 value), the CAAS Application ($125 value) and access to CAAS’s OnDemand Webinar Series ($250 value).
Click for More Information and Online Registration
CAAS Ground Vehicle Standard Updates
The CAAS GVS Committee will convene in the second half of 2018 to start development of the CAAS GVS V2.0 document. This new document will include updates from the V1.0 revision, as well as potentially incorporating a new Remount Standard. CAAS GVS V2.0 will have a July 2019 effective date.
Promote Your CAAS Accreditation Through the CAAS Website
Every month, the CAAS website receives thousands of visitors. The website is designed to illustrate the benefits of accreditation to those considering it, and to highlight agencies who have already achieved accreditation.
If you are an accredited agency, please consider sharing photos of your agency in action. We only require two things: every photo must have the CAAS logo visible somewhere in the photo and the agency needs to complete a photo release form. If you would like to share one of your photos, please visit the site’s Resource Center.
CAAS Seeks EMS Medical Directors as Site Reviewers
CAAS is currently seeking active EMS Medical Directors interested in serving as CAAS site reviewers. If you know of a physician that might be interested in becoming a site reviewer, please contact the CAAS office at 847-657-6828 for additional information and application details.
Upcoming Events for CAAS in 2018
CAAS will be attending and/or exhibiting at these upcoming meetings – please plan to stop by our exhibit booth.
2018 AAA Annual Conference and Tradeshow
Las Vegas, NV