Recent CAAS Accreditations
In April, the CAAS Panel of Commissioners granted new CAAS accreditation to four agencies:
- Falck Northern California (Petaluma, CA)
- Gold Cross Ambulance EMS (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Okaloosa County EMS (Niceville, FL)
- Southern Paramedic Services (Brinkley, AR)
Additionally, the following six agencies were granted re-accreditation:
- American Medical Response (Spokane, WA)
- American Medical Response (Stockton, CA)
- Cherokee Nation EMS (Tahlequah, OK)
- Englewood Hospital & Medical Center (Englewood, NJ)
- Regional EMS Authority (Reno, NV)
- Seminole County EMS (Sanford, FL)
In June, the CAAS Panel of Commissioners granted new CAAS accreditation to four agencies:
- Desert Critical Care Transport (Blythe, CA)
- Emergency Ambulance Service (Brea, CA)
- New Hanover Regional EMS (Wilmington, NC)
- PMT Ambulance (Colton, CA)
Additionally, the following eleven agencies were granted re-accreditation:
- Advanced Medical Transport of Central IL (Peoria, IL)
- American Medical Response (Concord, CA)
- American Medical Response (Roswell, GA)
- American Medical Response (Nashua, NH)
- American Medical Response (Knoxville, TN)
- Mecklenburg EMS Agency (Charlotte, NC)
- Medstar Ambulance (Clinton Township, MI)
- Mission Ambulance (Corona, CA)
- NorthStar EMS (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- Swartz Ambulance Service (Flint, MI)
- Wisconsin Rapids Fire Department (Wisconsin Rapids, WI)
Congratulations to all our initial and re-accrediting agencies for a job well done!
Prepare for CAAS Accreditation – Education Opportunities
In-Person Seminar (August 11, Boca Raton, FL)
This full-day seminar, held in conjunction with Pinnacle 2017 is the ideal forum to assist you in planning for your accreditation or re-accreditation using the CAAS Gold Standards. It provides a detailed overview of the application process and clearly defines what can be expected throughout. Faculty will address the benefits and value of accreditation and identify ways in which you can increase operational and clinical performance, reduce risk and liability, and maximize your market potential as a result. The revised version 3.0 standards will be explained in detail as well as the paperless submission process. The interactive format provides an opportunity to share ideas and best practices and receive expert answers to important questions. Course books and materials are included in the registration fee.
Online Seminar Available Now
Covering the same material from the full-day in-person seminar, this three-part on-demand webinar series (5.5 hours of education) will explain all aspects of the CAAS Standards and the application process.
Learn How To:
- Plan and budget for accreditation
- Recognize and maximize the value of accreditation for your organization
- Motivate staff for accreditation
- Understand and apply CAAS standards to your organization
- Prepare your application
- Develop application documentation
- Learn how to use the new paperless submission process
- Review the updates to the new CAAS v3.0 standards
Registration to either the In-Person or Online Seminar entitles you to a copy of the CAAS Standards ($30 value), the CAAS Application ($125 value) and access to CAAS’s OnDemand Webinar Series ($250 value).
CAAS-GVS Remount Forum Huge Success – Work Group Forming
We had an incredible industry response to our June 7 Remount Forum in Charlotte, NC. As a result of the forum presentations, group discussions and the clearly stated need for ambulance remount standards, CAAS GVS will be forming a Remount Standard Work Group. The objective of the group is to develop recommendations for future Remount Standards to be presented to the GVS Standards Committee for consideration.
The following guiding principles have been established as a framework for the GVS Standards Committee and will be used as guidelines for this GVS Standard Remount Work Group:
- Ensures safety of patient, provider and community
- Ensures the quality of ambulance design
- Supports and enhances the quality of patient care and patient movement
- Establishes performance based design standard
- Supports efficient EMS operations
- Incorporates emerging relevant technologies
- Analyzes benefits versus costs
Current plans anticipate the GVS Remount Standard Work Group shall meet 3-4 times over the course of the next 12 months.
All efforts will be made to keep each meeting to single day events, and may be held at various locations around the country, with consideration for ease and cost of travel. Attendees must cover their own expenses, and commit to active participation for the duration of this work-group project. The first meeting is tentatively planned for September-October in Charlotte, NC.
The GVS Remount Standard Work group will be a balanced group of individuals selected based on principal function of the organization of the applicant, as well as the applicants area of experience and knowledge. In addition to the work group’s active participating members, general interest groups and materially effected parties are welcome to attend, as all meetings will be publicized and will be open to anyone who would like to attend (general attendees will be asked to pre-register in consideration of space restrictions.)
Individuals interested in participating on this GVS Remount Work Group will need to complete the online application by July 31st.
Additional information on meeting dates and locations will be posted on the CAAS-GVS website.
CAAS Grant Program Starts Again Soon
The Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS) is pleased to announce the continuation of its accreditation grant program. As part of an effort to make accreditation more accessible and affordable to qualified agencies, CAAS will be offering limited grant funding toward the accreditation application fees. The CAAS grant funding will cover the application fee for accepted agencies, in an effort to reduce the financial impact of initial accreditation. CAAS will continue the grant program again this year, and will be accepting applications for consideration soon. Watch for an upcoming announcement in July.
CAAS Seeks EMS Medical Directors as Site Reviewers
CAAS is currently seeking active EMS Medical Directors interested in serving as CAAS site reviewers. If you know of a physician that might be interested in becoming a site reviewer, please contact the CAAS office at 847-657-6828 for additional information and application details.
Stay Up to Date with CAAS Via Social Networking
Have you visited any of our social media networking sites yet? CAAS is active on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Check in daily for the latest updates and announcements about CAAS and our accredited agencies. Get advanced notice of upcoming seminars, events and webinar sessions. Share some of your photos and accomplishments with others, and join in on discussions related to CAAS accreditation. Visit our sites and share with others to help us grow!
Upcoming meetings for CAAS
CAAS will be attending and/or exhibiting at these upcoming meetings – please plan to stop by our exhibit booth.
|July 27-29||Fire Rescue International||Charlotte, NC|
|August 7-11||Pinnacle EMS Leadership Conference||Boca Raton, FL|
|August 11||CAAS Accreditation Seminar||Boca Raton, FL|